Hello and welcome to Your Osteopath Brisbane’s site. We know some of your will want a lot of information and others just something succinct and to the point, so below is a brief description of what we do and what we can help with. Feel free to look around the rest of the site for more detailed information. You can access it from the main menu at the top.
What is an Osteopath?
- All of our Osteopaths are University qualified and have studied a minimum of a 5 years Masters Qualifications, so you are in knowledgeable and professional hands.
- Osteopathy is the oldest form of manual medicine and has been in use for over 100 years and is well established around the world.
- As Osteopaths we have highly trained palpation skills and a very detailed knowledge of the human body.
- We have a wide variety of hands on techniques to relieve pain and discomfort of both the joints, muscles and soft tissues of the body.
- As an Osteopath our goal is to not only provide short term relief, but get to the cause of the symptoms to achieve long term relief.
- Osteopathic treatment is very gentle and is suitable for every stage of life from newborn babies to the elderly and everything in between.
What you can expect?
- 30 to 45 minutes appointments giving you the individual care needed to accurately assess, diagnose and treat.
- We don’t have set plans or fixed times you need to come back, we tailor individual treatments plans and our ultimate goal is to have you out of our clinic enjoying life not visiting us every week.
- We don’t just treat the sore joint or muscle we treat holistically, what does this mean? It means that sometimes a sore knee is just a sore knee, but in other cases it could be due to an issue with the pelvis, hip, foot or spine. We treat you as a whole human being and assess the body as a total unit, not just treat the sore knee.
- We have a range of hands on techniques from joint mobilization, soft tissue massage, manipulation, trigger point therapy and stretching to name a few and will fully explain and seek your consent for everything we do.
- We like to work with you as a team to get you feeling great again and will give advice on prevention, exercise and rehabilitation.
If you need further information feel free to look around the site, or give us a call we are only too happy to answer your questions. We hope we can help you become pain free and have you enjoying the life you deserve!
Dr David Downs
Osteopath and Founder